2008 for me was all about reduction, trimming the fat. It was my best year yet. I got rid of a lot of excess crap and simplified my life and fattened my wallet as a result. My biggest mistake, however, was I did not hold myself accountable for any goals because… I had none.
2009 will be different. I’m starting this year by listing my goals and aspirations so that come December 31st I can measure my success (or lack thereof).
- Volunteer at least 4 times
- Quadruple the size of our Emergency Fund
- Take a 3 – 4week vacation on the west coast
- Buy a DSLR
- Win at least one photo contest
- Sell at least one photo
- Reduce my wardrobe by 25%
- See at least 25 sunsets and 25 sunrises
- Complete and release Mivity
- Work out at least 3 times per week for 30minutes at a time
- Finish the 1st floor of the house
Some of these are an extension of what I began last year. Others are brand new. I’m sure others will present themselves during the year.