I’m a sucker for young entrepreneurs so of course we did until I realized we didn’t have any cash.
“if you stop by tomorrow we’ll pay you double.”. “sure!” he exclaimed and headed towards the next house.
The next evening I shoveled the whole driveway after the kid never showed up. While doing so I had two thoughts:
- We need a new driveway, seems plausible to add a heating system when we do it. I’ve been examining the options and it seems where we live the electric system may be the most reasonable.
- When Lilahs old enough she should run a snow removal empire.
That last one probably warrants a description of my train of thought:
- man it’s too bad that kid didn’t stop back over.
- if we have a boy, he’ll be able to shovel or mow to earn some money.
- screw that our daughter can shovel.
- screw that, she can make the contracts and get the boys in the neighborhood to shovel and get her a tiny cut.
- ooooh it could teach her scheduling, budgeting, organization and lots other managerial type tasks.
- Holy crap! Extreme parenting anyone?
- maybe that’s a bad idea.
- yeah, not sure I want to teach her to get boys to do her dirty work.
- yeah dumbest idea ever.
I think for now I’ll just forget I ever thought of it.